The Sunday Class
Website designed and maintained by Microport  © 2010 -19
Taught/practised on:
CAMBUSKENNETH (S80) Sq.Set John Drewry  Spring Collection 1988   1- 8 All dance interlocking reels of 4 on sides (1M+2s+3L & 1L+4s+3M)   9-16 1s   change   places   with   3s   passing   RSh,   3s+1s   change   places   with partners LH & repeat back to places 17-24 1s   &   3s   (in   prom   hold)   dance   RSh   reels   of   3   at   top   &   bottom   dancing to   right   to   start   (1s   with   2L+4M   &   3s   with   2M+4L)   ending   in   lines   of   4 across set with 1s & 3s in centre 25-28 All   set,   1s   &   3s   dance   into   centre   of   set,   divide,   dance   out   with other   partner   to   sides    as   2s   &   4s   dance   into   places   vacated   by   1s   & 3s   &   into   centre   of   set   (to   form   new   lines   across   with   2s   &   4s   in centre of lines 29-32 All   turn   opposite   dancer   2H,   2s   &   4s   dance   out   to   original   places    as 1s & 3s cast to places 33-64 Repeat from bar 1 with 2s & 4s  as leading dancers 65-72 All   Ladies   dance   RH   across   once   round,   all   Men   dance   LH   across   once round ending in centre facing partner 73-80 All set HS & turn 2H 1½ times to places
Cambuskenneth   is   a   village   within   the   city   of   Stirling.   The   historic   Cambuskenneth   Abbey,   a   ruined   Augustinian monastery   founded   c1140   by   David   I,   was   once   one   of   the   more   important   abbeys   in   Scotland.   Royalty,   including English   King   Edward   and   Scottish   King   Robert   the   Bruce,   prayed   regulary   at   the   abbey.   Bruce   held   his   parliament there in 1326 to confirm the succession of his son David. In   1488   King   James   III   was   murdered   at   the   Battle   of   Sauchie   and   his   body   was   brought   to   Cambuskenneth Abbey for   burial   beside   his   queen,   Margaret   of   Denmark,   who   had   died   two   years   previously.   After   bones   were excavated in 1864, Queen Victoria commanded their re-interment under a stone monument within the choir.